Coal, ore, and gypsum dust are nuisances with which mines, railroads and utilities involved in material transport must cope, and it is becoming a bigger challenge as increasingly stringent environmental and railroad regulations mandate effective car topping. In-transit dust not only poses health risks, but also damages equipment and creates an environmental hazard for which railroad and mine management teams will be held responsible.
Midwest offers a turnkey three-pronged coal car topping solution, or, alternatively any part of it you need: our BNSF approved dust suppression products, a customizable car-topping application system, and a local service network to ensure optimal system efficiency. Midwest’s car topping products and application equipment will help railroads, utilities and mines alike meet strict regulations and solve health and environmental issues.
Proven Lowest Rate Per Ton
Midwest not only meets the demands of the new BNSF Tariff rate for suppressing dust on in-transit coal rail cars, we can assure you the lowest cost per ton combined with the lowest water usage. We will work with you to meet your requirements and determine application rate by testing in our soils laboratory and our state of the art wind tunnel to ensure your required dust control efficiency rate.
Car-Topping Dust Control Benefits:
• Reduces dust by at least 85%
• Prevents loss of coal or other materials
• Provides continued dust control along the entire delivery route
• Lowers track maintenance costs and requirements
• Does not crack or break up
• Protects material from damaging external elements like wind, rain, snow, ice and ultraviolet rays
• Does not affect the BTU of coal and has no VOCs
Midwest’s Coal CarTopping System®:
Our year-round, containerized, operator-friendly system will make it easier and safer to eliminate dust from your in-transit operations:
• Protects against freezing with a heated container
• Allows a clear view of coal cars from a heated, raised operator’s booth
• Adjusts to match the profile of coal in a railcar
• Durable enough to spray 24/7, 365 days a year
• Installs permanently
Let Midwest help you minimize your in-transit dust emissions and keep your operations as safe and productive as possible.
Railcar Topping Resources
View our library of Railcar Topping ResourcesClick Here