Midwest Industrial Supply, Inc. is a national and international provider of dust control, soil stabilization, anti-icing/deicing, and rail solutions, headquartered in Canton, OH. We are a family owned business that values our employees and their families. We have been a member of the INC. 5000 list of the America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2007. We are a 2018 NorthCoast 99 winner, recognized as one of the best places to work in Northeast Ohio.
We believe in customer and employee focus, creativity, teamwork, integrity, optimism and environmental stewardship.
We are looking for a talented and driven Fleet Mechanic to join our team of hardworking, collaborative and entrepreneurial people. Successful candidate is computer-literate and will continuously expand their technology skills, and able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage their time effectively. Expectations for this role include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service. Our equipment includes approximately 100 power units and is comprised of a wide variety of on-road vehicles, such as class 6 straight trucks made by Freightliner, Mack, and Volvo with tanker/asphalt distributor systems, class 8 semi-tractor-trailer tanker trucks, as well as various automobiles and light trucks.
This is a full-time, first shift position, mostly Monday-Friday.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of (with or without assistance) Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM’s, ECU’s, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area safety and appearance
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition. • Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- A valid driver’s license
- Current CDL license preferred, willingness/ability to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- Basic computer skills for data entry into maintenance systems
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
- Regular, predictable, full attendance
- Ability to travel as necessary within the local area
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match contributions.
We provide a friendly and creative work environment, and an opportunity to grow with us!
Interested Candidates should apply by emailing their resume to: HR@midwestind.com EOE.
Midwest Industrial Supply Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decisions on an applicant’s race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer