Track and Switch Brooms
Sturdy Track and Switch Brooms Work in All Temperatures
Midwest’s track and switch brooms were designed to extend service life – and thereby reduce maintenance costs. Their polypropylene bristles are heat-fused into one integral unit to prevent fiber fallout. With their sleeves, fibers and caps riveted into one rugged unit, you can count on them in any weather.
Track and Switch Broom Benefits:
• Will not become brittle in temps as low as -70°F (-56.6°C)
• Performs perfectly in temperatures up to 225°F (107°C)
• Bristles resist acids, alkalis, oils and most chemicals
• Available with or without ice choppers
Features of Our Track and Switch Brooms Include:
• Metal caps: Modern presses assemble caps under tons of pressure to take the hammering required of the track and switch broom in service. Baked finish, inside and out, prevents rust. No loose handles or fiber fallout.
• Bonding: Polypropylene bristle fibers are heat-fused by a new process into one integral unit to prevent fiber fallout. Fiber unit is locked in place into caps by steel, zinc-plated rivets
• Band and “C” hooks: Stiff sweeping action is produced by a galvanized wire band clinched securely in place with “C” hooks.
• Handle and protector: Steel sleeve protects straight-grained, quality ash hardwood handle against abrasion and handle wear. Extended service life reduces track maintenance costs because sleeve, fibers and cap are riveted into one rugged unit.
• Fiber: Polypropylene bristles resist acids, alkalis, oils and most chemicals. Will not become brittle in temperatures as low as -70°F (-56.6°C). Performs perfectly in temperatures up to 225°F (107°C).
• Ice chopper (on model with chisel point): Drop-forged and hardened steel chisel with sharp ground edge. Tang rounded to prevent splitting and spread shock of impact. Flashing on tang prevents rotation, sets chisel firmly in handle. Tapered steel ferrule eliminates protrusion that may damage track equipment.
To learn more about Midwest's Track and Switch Broomsclick here