Fill out the form below and put the power of science to work on your gravel runway.
A binder system keeps gravel and fines bound together and in the surface. Ordinary topical applications are temporary, losing aggregate and releasing dust.
Midwest uses a complete system of synthetic fluid plus binder, to keep gravel and fines tightly packed for a more uniform, smooth surface with greater surface stiffness.
- improves rated performance and increases breaking
- lasts up to 4 years before maintenance application
- 24x less gravel loss and up to 95% dust reduction
- sheds moisture, doesn’t wash away and performs after thaws
- reduces potholes, rutting, wash boarding
Ordinary topical applications without a binder system can only serve as a temporary measure that requires repeated application.
- not effective on high traffic runways
- does not stand up to larger aircraft
- no stabilization is provided to the surface
- product leaches off the runway
- surface is compromised and subject to damage
THE RIGHT CHOICE CAN MAKE YOUR GRAVEL RUNWAY PERFORM LIKE A PAVED SURFACE
The choice is between a semi-permanent solution vs. repeated temporary, less effective surface applications.
That choice is between Midwest science – in the form of a fluid synthesized to penetrate, coat and bond for longevity and surface strength PLUS a binding system – vs. ordinary fluid WITHOUT any binding.
That choice is between expert application based on the actual conditions of your soil characteristics, your aggregate quality, availability, your weather conditions and usage particulars your community needs and environmental concerns vs. a one-size-fits-all periodic repetition of simply reapplying a topical fluid and hoping for the best.
That choice is between the most advanced chemistry, customized engineering, and methodical installation practices designed to last long and stay strong vs. lost opportunity and lost investment.
DOES NOT MIGRATE OUT OF SURFACE
Third-party test data collected in the field proves that the Semi-Permanent Gravel Runway System does not migrate out of the surface due to the properties and performance mechanisms of its binder system.
EnviroKleen & EK35 have exceptional chemistry and binder systems that allows them to rapidly and evenly penetrate beneath the runway surface. This effective penetration enables a high degree of compaction which increases the runways stiffness and uniformity over time
The Semi-Permanent Gravel Runway System was specifically designed to be installed in the harshest climates and most remote locations.
Read more about the advantages of a semi-permanent runway by downloading the full collection of research documents.
Greater strength and longevity make your Midwest gravel runway more like a paved surface.
Binders strengthen runway surfaces and render them better able to retain fines by preventing them from coming loose as dust or washing out the surface. In addition, treatment with products containing binders last longer, increase a runway’s resistance to weather, and require substantially less product to get the job done over time.
The science behind a Midwest Semi-Permanent Gravel Runway centers around a proprietary polymeric binder and a resin binder made from renewable resources.
- superior for industrial, commercial and municipal applications
- quickly penetrates dust and remains actively effective on clay, sand, gravel, limestone and most native soils
- remains in stable binding mode, regardless of weather or traffic severity
- binder systems interlock to durably bind surface aggregate and fines together through both a cohesive mechanism (the internal strength of an adhesive) and an adhesive mechanism (the bonding of an adhesive to a substrate)
- as particulates are generated, they are captured to prevent them from escaping
Learn how a Midwest synthetic binder can transform your gravel runway in our “Why a Binder” whitepaper.