Ice Free Switch®
Rail Switch Anti-Icing Agent
Midwest’s Ice Free Switch anti-icing agent uses a NASA Smart Fluid technology co-developed by NASA/Ames Research Center and Midwest. The patented, licensed technology behind the product enables Ice Free Switch to be poured or sprayed as a liquid which becomes a thin gel-like coating in its activated state.
An Anti-Icing Agent That Remains in Place and Activates When Needed
When applied to railroad switch points, plates, rail – and other locations where ice can interfere with operations – prior to snow and ice storms, Midwest’s Ice Free Switch will remain in place and activate when needed. More efficient than rail heaters, it quickly melts falling and blowing snow to prevent switches from freezing ensuring uninterrupted switch operation in freezing temperatures.
Ice Free Switch anti-icing agent helps prevent interruptions in service as well as derailments because the snow will not pack and form ice in the gaps.
Ice Free Switch Benefits:
- Multi-component glycol-based liquid Flows easily at -40° F
- Prevents switches from freezing and re-freezing down to -70° F
- Non-flammable, non-corrosive, and non-conductive
- High viscosity prevents run-off during application
- Holds fast to vertical surfaces and remains in place
- Completely biodegradable
To learn more about Midwest's Ice Free Switchclick here