Chemistry Lab Technician
Chemistry Lab Technician
Midwest Industrial Supply, Inc. is the industry leader for environmental services and business solutions provided through pioneering dust control, soil stabilization and green roads products and services. Our customers span a broad range of industries from iron and steel, coal burning power plants and mines, municipalities and state DOT’s, US military, and construction. Midwest is an entrepreneurial, service and solution growth company. Our strong reputation is built on integrity, research savvy product leadership and delivery of promises made to our customers.
We are seeking to fill the role of an Chemistry Lab Technician. This position is part of the chemistry lab which supports chemistry related activities of the business. This includes, but not limited to: environmental, research and development, sales and production. Work includes task related activities as well as project work.
Essential duties & responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following):
• Maintain and optimize project database.
• Perform routine as well as project specific testing on samples.
• Maintain calibration of lab equipment (scales, rheometer, mixers, ovens).
• Maintain and order supplies.
• Maintain lab safety and cleanliness standards.
• Make and test lab sample of new and modified formulations as directed by chemist.
• Clearly and concisely record test data in database.
• Assist R&D chemist and production support chemist on projects.
• Assist chemist/environmental specialist on EH&S and sales support tasks as required.
Specific Experience & Knowledge Required:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related education and/or lab experience.
• Strong lab related math skills including unit conversion and proportions. Basic algebra and geometry knowledge.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• Understanding and execution of good lab practices including lab safety.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to write lab reports as required.
• Effective communication; verbal and written
• Must work well with others
MIDWEST offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We believe in acting with customer focus, employee focus, creativity, teamwork, integrity, optimism and environmental stewardship. We are looking for candidates that are excited by the opportunity to serve our customers and become part of our winning team!
Interested Candidates should apply by emailing their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Midwest Industrial Supply Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decisions on an applicant’s race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.