Midwest Industrial Supply, Inc has an incredible opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team as a Delivery Technician – Customer Service Professional. Successful candidate in this position will serve our customers in the designated geographical areas, delivering world-class, innovative solutions focusing on timeliness and quality.
This opportunity offers determined individual incredibly rewarding, self-paced work under minimal supervision; it encourages independent judgement and continued development; it means being a key part of the team, responsible for the company’s growth and success.
Working in this position involves driving a truck to and from customers sites, operating spray equipment and interacting with customers on a regular basis.
Here is what our current team members have to say about their jobs:
“It’s a challenge, and you’re not a truck driver. Its more than just getting from point A to point B. It takes more than that, you go to the job, and you go over the site. You’re the head honcho, to make sure the customer gets exactly what they want.”
“It is independent, you get to do things your own way to a certain extent”
“Midwest pays better than average.”
“Per-diems and staying in a hotel is a big plus. A lot less wear and tear on a person, don’t have to sleep at a truck stop.”
“Get to do different jobs all the time, it doesn’t become monotonous, working at different sites with different people keeps things interesting.”
Key Responsibilities include:
• Delivering and applying (spraying) chemical solutions to customer sites; identifying the best times and conditions to apply products.
• Managing product inventory necessary for successful application, ensuring sufficient amount on hand for upcoming applications. Scheduling timely product delivery.
• Maintaining the truck and application equipment in ready-to-go shape. Scheduling preventive maintenance and necessary repairs.
• Meeting and maintaining all DOT, OSHA, vehicle inspection and other compliance requirements.
• Following company’s safety guidelines and requirements.
• CDL Class A with an acceptable driving record
• Strong communication skills and customer service orientation.
• Ability to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to climb in and out of a truck, and/or 5-10 steps ladder
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Availability to work afternoons, evening and/or weekends when necessary, with occasional overnight travel (5-10%)
You think you got what it takes – talk to us!
No experience operating spray equipment? – no worries, we will teach you! We provide extensive on-the-job training to set you up for success!
Interested Candidates should apply by emailing their resume to: HR@midwestind.com EOE.
Midwest Industrial Supply Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decisions on an applicant’s race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.