Winter freezes and dry summer months can both cause serious ash pond management issues relating to dust, health risks and an ever-more stringent regulatory environment. In winter an ash pond can freeze dry, resulting in fugitive PM10 and PM2.5 dust and coal ash escaping from the surface. In the summer, pond water can evaporate also creating a dust problem. The solution? Midwest’s Ash Pond Dust Control and Management Solutions.
Sealing ash pond surfaces is really the only practical way of preventing ash particulates from lifting into the air and creating dust. It is also the only effective means of preventing dust-related productivity slowdowns at ash pond sites and eliminating the increased threat of respiratory illness for people living and working near dust-prone areas. Midwest’s ash pond sealants promise to most effectively get the job done.
Let Midwest help you minimize your ashpond dust emissions and keep your operations as safe and productive as possible.
Ash Pond Management Benefits
- Penetrates ash ponds to the desired depth
- Creates a bonded matrix of sealant and ash that locks all fines and particles into the surface
- Eliminates PM10 and PM2.5 emissions
- Ensures compliance with EPA and other government agency guidelines
- Creates a cleaner, healthier work environment
- Facilitates better community relations sealant and ash that locks all fines and particles into the surface
Ash Pond Resources
View our library of Ash Pond ResourcesClick Here